This is a great winter warmer full of healthy veggies, and can be frozen for later.
- ¾ butternut pumpkin, skinned and seeded, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1- 1 ½ tsp of mild curry powder/ cumin if you want some thing less spicy
- salt and pepper to season
- 2 ½ cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup of cream
- chili powder, if you want to add a little spice
- Place pumpkin, potatoes and curry powder, stock in a slow cooker, season with salt and pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender and soft.**
- Turn off and allow to cool.
- Blend vegetables in a food processor or with a bar-mix stick blender until smooth.
- Stir through cream and chili (if desired).
- Reheat and serve or freeze soup for later.
*If you don’t want the intense spice of the chili, you can add some chopped chorizo to give it a little bit of spice. Just add it to the blender and blend with veggies until smooth.
**If you don’t have a slow cooker you can always boil the pumpkin and potato on the stove. Simply add the veggies, curry powder, stock and extra water (as needed) to the saucepan. Bring to the boil and allow to simmer, until veggies are soft and tender.