This dessert is easy and delicious. It’s made from ingredients that are always on hand and it’s a great way to use up some of that fruit that is ripening faster than you can eat it.
- 600g of green packham pears, peeled, cored and quartered
- 350g of granny smith apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1. Cut pear and apple quarters crossways into 3mm thick slices. Place slices in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add honey and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
2. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until fruit begins to soften.
3. Remove lid, cook stirring occasionally for 15-20 minutes or until fruit is tender and liquid is think and syrupy.
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
5. Enjoy with a scoop of ice-cream.