These breakie muffins are perfect, if I’m in a rush and want something a little bit more substantial that that quick bit of toast. They have heaps of healthy things in them and can be stored or so that they’re always ready to go when you are.
- 2 cups whole-meal self-raising flour
- ½ cup self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup of banana, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 ¾ cup 98% fat free blueberry yoghurt
- ¼ cup extra-light olive oil
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 1700C fan-forced. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper muffin cases.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and make a well.
- Add banana, vanilla, egg, yoghurt and oil to the well. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into paper muffin cases, and top with blueberries.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean.
- Stand in tray for 2 minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Enjoy straight away or store in an air-tight container for later.