This Carbonara is so easy to make and a great meal to fill you up after a big day or the night before a game.
- 380g fettuccine, (or any pasta of choice)
- 120g pancetta, roughly chopped
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 500mls of chicken stock
- 2 eggs
- Cracked black pepper
- 1 cup of pecorino cheese, finely grated
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped to serve
- Cook pasta according to packet directions, drain well and return to a large pan.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium non-stick pan. Fry pancetta and onion, stirring often for 3-4 minutes, or until pancetta is lightly golden and crisp, and onion is transparent. Remove from pan.
- Add stock to the pan, and heat until almost boiling. Remove from heat.
- Whisk eggs and a sprinkle of fresh cracked black pepper in a heatproof bowl.
- Gradually whisk in the warm stock mixture until combined,(to avoid the eggs scrambling, add the mixture slowly).
- Add pancetta and onion mixture, and half the cheese to the hot pasta.
- Pour over egg mixture and toss to combine.
- Sit for 2-3 minutes, so the pasta can soak up the liquids and thicken slightly.
- Serve pasta with remaining cheese, extra pepper and parsley sprinkled on top.