This Apple and Blueberry crumble is a fantastic dessert, now that it’s getting a little cooler. It’s perfect if you want to indulge and if you’re not watching your calories like me, you can always serve it with some ice cream or custard to it.
- 800g tinned apples
- 1 cup of fresh/frozen blueberries
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ¾ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 30g of butter (melted)
- ¼ cup flaked almonds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 1800
- Combine apple, blueberries and sugar in a bowl, transfer to a large ovenproof dish.
- Combine oats, maple syrup, cinnamon (and almonds if desired) in a bowl, and stir in melted butter.
- Sprinkle crumble over the apple and blueberry mixture. Pat down on crumble, and ensure an even and thick coverage.
- Bake for 40 minutes in oven, or until golden.
- Serve warm by itself, or with ice cream and custard.
If you want to make something a little more exciting than the traditional apple crumble, you can always add some different fruits such as pears or apricots, just to mix it up a little.